Sunday, October 5, 2008

Poem Comparasion


A soldier honouring a fallen comerade just like the poem honours the author's fallen brother.

The Poem

MY BROTHER

By April D. Williams

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY BROTHER

Where did the time go my brother, did we walk today?
In my spirit, in my mind, you're not far away.

Where did the time go my brother, did we share today?
Fond memories live in my heart, you'll be here always.

Where did the time go my brother, did we softly speak?
We'll share our joys and our pain, even while you sleep.

Where did the time go my brother, with teardrops in my eyes.
I will miss you everyday until the day I die.

Comparasion

This poems relates to the story because first of all, the poem is about someone who lost their brother to a war. In the story, the sniper was shooting at an unknown person, not knowing that it was his brother that he was shooting at, and when he finally managed to kill his enemy, he saw that he had killed his brother. In this poem the author is recalling the times that she did not get to share with her brother and is shocked at the fact that he is gone. The sniper on the other hand had no time to react after seeing that he had killed his brother because the story just ends, but if the story were to continue, then it would probably explain the shock that the sniper would be in knowing that he had kileld his own brother.

References:

Image from: http://touchofheavenyardart.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Fallen_Soldier.27122428_std.jpg

Poem from: http://www.poetryamerica.com/read_poems.asp?id=330066&start=10

No comments: